Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are at an all-time high. San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) encourages anyone who is sexually active to take control of their sexual health by getting and staying informed. The Sexual Health Clinic at SJBPH provides confidential STD counseling and testing for HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HPV, herpes, and syphilis. Treatment options are available for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis. The clinic also provides vaccinations for HPV and Hepatitis A and B.
The power to protect your health is in your own hands. Do your homework – know the risks, symptoms, and the steps you can take to protect yourself from STDs. Talk to your healthcare provider about what you can do – and how you can work together – to be proactive in safeguarding your sexual health. Your health matters and it’s up to you to take control:
- Prepareto answer your healthcare provider’s questions about sex honestly – yes, questions are a good thing!
- Get tested– many STDs are curable, and all are treatable.
- Get treated– protect yourself from long-term, irreversible damage to your health by starting treatment immediately.
- Knowthe benefits of expedited partner therapy (EPT) – your provider may be able to give you medicine or a prescription for your partner – even without seeing them first.
- Get re-tested– it’s common to get some STDs more than once, so getting retested in 3 months is important, even if you and your partner took medicine.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate – with your sexual partner andyour healthcare provider.
SJBPH clinic services are provided regardless of religion, race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, number of pregnancies, or marital status. As a Title X clinic, fees are based on patient income on a sliding fee scale and patients are never turned away due to inability to pay. Call 970-335-2003 for more information or to schedule an appointment.