Thank you for your interest in an internship with San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH). After reviewing the below information, apply for an internship by sending the required materials via email to Human Resources.
SJBPH supports internship programs that provide growth and learning opportunities to students in high school, college, and trade schools. An internship is a planned program to provide a student with a meaningful learning experience applicable to the student's field of study.
Student interns are involved in education or training programs designed to provide students with professional experience in the furtherance of their education and training and are academically oriented for their benefit. Internships assist students in reaching their educational goals by giving them the opportunity to augment classroom instruction with exposure to a real-world employment setting.
SJBPH has limited capacity to provide supervised, meaningful internship opportunities. Generally, 1 to 2 interns per semester can be accommodated. As such, the process to become an intern requires an application process. Each student will be responsible to submit the following documents for consideration by SJBPH prior to becoming a student intern:
- Cover letter and resume. The cover letter should describe your interest areas and what specific SJBPH programs you want to learn more about through work experiences. Information on SJBPH programs can found on our website.
- A description from the you and/or the educational institution that describes the number of hours requested (per semester, per month, per week, etc.), the point of contact for the advisor or other faculty, the nature of the reporting requirements, etc.
- If selected, you may be required to attend a brief interview with appropriate SJBPH staff. You and your advisor will be notified of the selection by an SJBPH employee who will assist with setting up the interview. Interviews can be completed by phone or Zoom, but face to face is preferable.
Application Packet Deadlines
For SJBPH to effectively supervise the intern in a meaningful experience the following application deadlines will apply:
- Fall Semester: Application packet to SJBPH by July 1
- Spring Semester: Application packet to SJBPH by November 1
- Summer Semester(s): Application packet to SJBPH by April 1