The SJBPH Immunization Clinic provides routine immunizations for children and adults in the Durango and Pagosa Springs offices.
- Routine child immunizations for those eligible for Vaccines For Children program (see criteria below)
- Routine adult immunizations
- COVID immunizations
- Travel vaccine visits and immunizations (available at Durango location only)
The clinic is a Vaccines for Children program that is federally funded to provide vaccinations to children. There is a $21 administration fee per vaccine, though vaccines are provided regardless of ability to pay. Children ages 0 through 18 years may qualify based on these criteria:
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid) eligible
- Native American/Native Alaskan
- No health insurance coverage
- Underinsured (health insurance does not cover vaccine services or there is a vaccine cap)
Please note that we are unable to provide vaccinations for children with private insurance (with the exception of Medicaid), these immunizations are available at pediatrician offices as well as retail pharmacies.
Adults may also be eligible for low-cost vaccines through the Section 317 Grants Program if they are underinsured or uninsured. For those eligible, there is no cost for the vaccine itself; however, there is an administrative charge of $21 per vaccine given.
We accept credit cards, cash, or checks along with the following health insurances:
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid)
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
Please note that the only vaccines that SJBPH is contracted with Medicare to provide are the flu and pneumonia vaccines. All other vaccines provided at SJBPH for those with Medicare would require self-pay. Those with Medicare who require additional vaccines are encouraged to contact a retail pharmacy.
Recommendations for the COVID-19 vaccines are updated regularly. View COVID vaccine information.
San Juan Basin Public Health will offer the updated flu, COVID-19, and RSV vaccines once commercially available later this fall.
Please bring your vaccine records with you or submit to email@example.com prior to your appointment. SJBPH only has access to vaccines that have been submitted to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS). If you have lived out of state or your medical provider did not submit vaccines to this system we do not have access.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment to complete registration paperwork. Save time by downloading and completing your appointment paperwork ahead of time. (Registration forms: English | Spanish)
The Immunization Clinic provides vaccinations for international travelers by appointment. Many vaccines require a wait time to be effective or multiple doses in a series. As such, we recommend calling or emailing to request an appointment four to eight weeks prior to travel. Please note travel vaccine appointments are available only at our Durango location.
Appointments consist of a travel consultation reviewing traveler's immunization history, destination health risk counseling, and vaccination recommendations, as well as administration of vaccinations.
Many immunizations are able to be given same-day on site, however, some vaccines require multiple doses and may warrant a return visit. As of August 2023, we are now able to request malaria prophylaxis through a partnership with Four Corners Infectious Disease.
Insurance is not billed by SJBPH for travel vaccine appointments or vaccines. We accept credit cards, cash, or check. A receipt is provided for you should you choose to submit a claim to your insurance to request reimbursement.
Prepare for your appointment:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment to complete registration paperwork. Save time by downloading and completing your appointment paperwork ahead of time. (Registration forms: English | Spanish)
- Bring in your immunization record and detailed travel itinerary (if possible, submit in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Review recommendations on TripPrep.
- Review the SJBPH Travel Vaccine Acknowledgement (PDF).
We use the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) as a tool to document an individual's immunization history and record vaccines received.
- If you need an immunization record for yourself or your child, please call the clinic or send a request for records via email. There is a $5 fee.
- You can also download your immunization record through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Website.
- Replacement Yellow Fever vaccination cards: $25.00. Call for more information.