- Clinic Services
The SJBPH Immunization Clinic provides routine immunizations for children and adults in the Durango and Pagosa Springs offices.
- Routine child immunizations for those eligible for Vaccines For Children program (see criteria below)
- Routine adult immunizations
- COVID immunizations
- Travel vaccine visits and immunizations
The clinic is a Vaccines for Children program that is federally funded to provide vaccinations to children regardless of ability to pay. Your children ages 0 through 18 years may qualify based on these criteria:
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid) eligible
- Native American/Native Alaskan
- No health insurance coverage
- Underinsured (health insurance does not cover vaccine services or there is a vaccine cap)
Adults may also be eligible for low-cost vaccines through the Section 317 Grants Program if they are underinsured or uninsured.
We accept credit cards, cash, or checks along with the following health insurances:
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid)
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare (Flu and Pneumonia only)
- United Healthcare
Please bring your vaccine records with you. SJBPH only has access to vaccines that have been submitted to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS). If you have lived out of state or your medical provider did not submit vaccines to this system we do not have access. There is also free breast and cervical cancer screening.
Save time by downloading and completing your appointment paperwork ahead of time.
The Immunization Clinic provides vaccinations for international travelers by appointment. To schedule, please call 970-335-2013 four to eight weeks prior to travel. Appointments are available only at our Durango location.
Appointments consist of reviewing traveler's immunization history, destination health risk counseling, and vaccination recommendations, as well as administration of vaccinations. A yellow "International Certificate of Vaccination" is issued at time of vaccinations.
Insurance is not billed by SJBPH for travel vaccine appointments or vaccines. We accept credit cards, cash, or checks. A receipt is provided for you to submit a claim to your insurance.
Your visit will be with a registered nurse. We are unable to provide prescriptions for malaria prophylaxis medications or antibiotics for traveler's diarrhea.
Prepare for your appointment:
- Bring in your immunization record.
- Bring in your detailed itinerary.
- Review recommendations on TripPrep.
- Review the SJBPH Travel Vaccine Acknowledgement (DOCX).
We use the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) as a tool to document an individual's immunization history and record vaccines received.
- If you need an immunization record for yourself or your child, please call 970-335-2003. There is a $5 fee.
- You can also download your immunization record through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Website.
- Replacement Yellow Fever vaccination cards: $25.00. Call for more information.