San Juan Basin Public Health is permanently closing on December 31, 2023. Archuleta and La Plata counties are opening their own public health departments. Effective January 1, 2024, your new county public health department will assume the custody and safekeeping of your medical records.
On January 1, 2024, your medical records will be transferred automatically to the following county health departments based on the SJBPH office in which you were last seen:
- If your last appointment was at the Durango office, your records will reside at the La Plata County Public Health Department. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment in 2024, please call (970) 382-6143.
- If your last appointment was at the Pagosa Springs office, your records will reside at the Archuleta County Public Health Department. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment in 2024, please call (970) 264-8441.
San Juan Basin Public Health is committed to protecting your privacy. Staff members treat your medical information in compliance with federal and state requirements.
San Juan Basin Public Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Practices describe how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you may access this information. Medical records are released only to people or groups that are permitted by law to receive them.
Requesting a Release of Your Medical Records
If you wish to have your records transferred to another provider, the other county’s public health department, or request a copy for yourself, please follow the directions below after completing the Request to Release Medical Records form. You can do this in one of the ways noted below:
- Fill out a paper form at the SJBPH clinics in Durango or Pagosa Springs.
- Download and print the form (below) and
- Fax it to (970) 247-9126,
- Drop it off at either the Durango (281 Sawyer Drive) or Pagosa Springs (502 South 8th Street) office locations, or
- Send it to:
- San Juan Basin Public Health
- Attn: Medical Records
- 281 Sawyer Drive
- Durango, CO 81303
Please allow 5 to 10 business days for a copy to be made.
- The authorization form must be signed by the client.
- The social security field is optional.
- Signatures other than the client's must have documentation of authority to sign.
- A valid ID will be required at pick-up.
- Our Medical Records secure fax number is (970) 247-9126.
To view or download immunizations records, visit the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) Public Portal.
You will need to enter the information for the person whose records you want (first name, last name, date of birth, gender, and either an email or phone number). All the information entered must be an exact match to what is found in your patient profile. If you are accessing the records of your minor child, you must select “I am a guardian” under the question “What is your relationship to the patient?” If you get a “no records found” message, that likely means part of your demographic information is entered differently in CIIS.
If you are unable to access your records through the Public Portal, please call the state health department CIIS User Support at (303) 692-2437 or complete this online form.