Assessment, Planning, & Communications
At SJBPH, we believe in providing programs that reflect the needs of the counties that we serve. Assessment and Planning uses community feedback and data to create programs that address local and regional public health needs. A&P also uses this information to predict future population health issues and solutions. This information helps our agency ensure that each person we serve can reach their highest potential for health.
Assessment & Planning Director | 970.335.2045
Communications Director | 970.335.2044
Assessment & Planning Specialist | 970.335.2048
Communications Specialist | 970.335.2025
See our current CHA and PHIP by clicking on the the flip boxes below.
Our Assessment duties also include:
- Program evaluation
- Ongoing data collection within SJBPH and community as a whole
- Participation in integrated state, local, and national surveillance system(s) that quantify public health and environmental problems and threats
In determing community health problems, priority populations, and potential threats to the public’s health, SJBPH plans what strategies are needed to engage partners and improve health for all. The Public Health Improvement Plan has seven goals:
- Provide a baseline by which to monitor change
- Identify emerging issues
- Help the community set health priorities and focus resources
- Provide facts upon which to base programmatic or organizational decisions
- Help partners to plan effective, collaborative interventions
- Increase the ability to secure new funding
- Support advocacy for policy changes
The most recent information from our many programs can be found on our Newsfeed.