The SafeCare Program at San Juan Basin Public Health believes when parents get support, families get stronger. We understand parenting is an incredibly rewarding experience, and yet can also present many challenges. SafeCare works with families in their homes to build on their existing skills and provide them with support and encouragement to be the best parent they can be.
The SafeCare Colorado program offers a free in-home, voluntary service that supports families in gaining additional skills to provide a safe home, address child health needs, and engage in positive interactions with their children ages five and under. Trained Parent Support Providers deliver services in the family’s home on a weekly basis. Families typically work with SafeCare® Colorado for an average of four to six months.
- Do you have a child age 0-5?
- Does your home need to be childproofed?
- Have you struggled when your child misbehaves?
- Do you wonder if you child should see a doctor?
- Do you struggle with parenting stress?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re not alone! Contact us to learn more about how the SafeCare Colorado program can help you:
- Reduce challenging child behaviors;
- Increase positive time with your child;
- Remove common household safety hazards;
- Identify and respond to common child sickness or injury;
- Engage your child in simple activities.