San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH), Axis Health System’s La Plata Integrated Health (LPIH), Animas Surgical Hospital (ASH) , City of Durango, La Plata County, and La Plata County Sheriff’s office, are partnering to provide free diagnostic (PCR) COVID-19 testing three days a week at an in-town Durango location. Drive-through and walk-up testing will be available Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, in the Durango Public Library overflow parking lot on the corner of East Third Avenue and 20th Street.
Testing will start on Tuesday, August 4, initially for people in the following categories. Categories will be subject to change as resources allow.
- High priority: people with COVID-19 symptoms and those notified of exposure by SJBPH or another public health agency
- Medium priority: people with no symptoms or identified exposure but who live or work with high-risk populations such as:
- Residents or employees of congregate living or high-risk work settings (first responders, long-term care facilities, detention facilities)
- People experiencing homelessness
- Employees of high-risk workplaces monitored by public health
“We sincerely thank all of our community partners for stepping up to provide additional community testing to meet the needs of local residents,” said Liane Jollon, SJBPH Executive Director. “The most important tools we have to fight this virus begin with adequate community testing.”
“We appreciate that our community members understand the importance of testing in controlling the spread of COVID-19, and we want to make sure this crucial service is available,” Jollon added.
Other locations in La Plata County providing PCR diagnostic testing are Cedar Diagnostics, and Mercy Regional Medical Center.
For the most up to date COVID-19 information, including testing locations and hours, visit SJBPH’s website at: https://sjbpublichealth.org/coronavirus/.