San Juan Basin Public Health (SJPBH) has changed the way it presents COVID-19 data to better align with Colorado’s updated COVID-19 Dial framework and provide open communication about the information used to make decisions during the pandemic. Launched today, February 18th, the new dashboard offers additional data points requested by the public in an easy-to-navigate format. See the new dashboard here: https://sjbpublichealth.org/sjbph-data-dashboard/.
The new dashboard has been in development for several months and mirrors the recent changes to the state’s COVID-19 Dial. Under Colorado’s Dial 2.0, cumulative incidence rates and test positivity rates used to determine a county’s status and capacity restrictions are now based on 7-day intervals, rather than the previous 14-day intervals.
SJBPH’s dashboard also features new data points to provide a more detailed, transparent picture of the impacts of COVID-19 in La Plata and Archuleta counties, plus updated information on vaccine distribution in the region. Some of the new data points include:
- A weekly incidence rate of COVID-19 cases, per 100,000 population
- A weekly average test positivity rate
- The number of vaccine doses administered in La Plata and Archuleta counties
- Information on COVID-19 transmission via possible exposure activities 14 days prior to illness and cases by occupation
“SJBPH’s new dashboard ensures residents and businesses can quickly find the most current information about COVID-19 in our communities,” said SJBPH executive director, Liane Jollon. “The new platform makes the data easier to navigate and has additional data points based on feedback from the public.”
The dashboard is organized by county with interactive tabs for Summary Data, Dial Metrics, Demographics, Transmission, and Vaccination.
- The “Summary” tab provides top-line data on COVID-19 daily case counts, outbreaks, the one-week positivity rate, and death data.
- The “Dial Metrics” aligns with Colorado’s COVID-19 Dial framework and visually illustrates the metrics used to determine each county’s level on the state’s color-coded dial.
- The “Demographics” tab provides demographic level data for local COVID-19 cases by age, sex and race.
- The “Transmission” tab includes information about where COVID-19 is spreading through possible exposure activities 14 days prior to illness and cases by occupation.
- The “Vaccinations” tab includes how many COVID-19 vaccines have been distributed in La Plata and Archuleta counties by age group. Vaccination figures are drawn directly from the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) and there may be delays between when a vaccine clinic is held and when the records are updated in CIIS.
The new COVID-19 dashboard is updated daily by 5 p.m. (except vaccination statistics, which are updated twice a week.) SJPBH will continue to make improvements to the data dashboard and has provided a form so that users can share feedback about the new data dashboard with SJBPH: https://forms.gle/Sb1sJ8xJw24JyGqd9.
To see SJBPH’s new data dashboard visit: https://sjbpublichealth.org/sjbph-data-dashboard.
For information on COVID-19, please see: https://sjbpublichealth.org/coronavirus/.