Due to limited testing capacity, our free community testing sites are available only to La Plata or Archuleta County residents who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, individuals who believe that they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have been notified of exposure by SJBPH or another public health agency.
Individuals in the Medium Priority category that desire testing should coordinate with SJBPH or one of our private testing partners to arrange for testing. Regular targeted testing events are conducted for groups within this category.
- High priority: people with COVID-19 symptoms and those notified of exposure by SJBPH or another public health agency.
- Medium priority: people with no symptoms or identified exposure but who live or work with high-risk populations such as:
- Residents or employees of congregate living or high-risk work settings (first responders, long-term care facilities, detention facilities)
- People experiencing homelessness
- Employees of high-risk workplaces monitored by public health
All others without a known exposure seeking assurance that they do not have the virus, including those instructed to get a test by an employer or educational facility, and those testing for travel-related reasons are not considered a priority for free community testing. Written results for these purposes cannot be provided. Additional testing sites are available by appointment through private testing providers.
Diagnostic (PCR) COVID-19 tests are being provided at:
- SJBPH Community Testing Site
- In partnership with Animas Surgical Hospital and La Plata Integrated Healthcare
- Tuesdays-Thursdays, from 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- There is no fee for testing
- Location: Durango Public Library overflow parking lot at the corner of East Third Ave and 20th Street in Durango
- Cedar Diagnostics locations in Durango, Pagosa Springs, and Cortez
- Monday – Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
- $50 fee – although most insurances cover fee
- For those without insurance or unable to pay, other options available
- For Durango or Cortez, make an appointment online at http://www.cedardx.com/index.php/covid-19/. For Pagosa Springs, call to make appt: 970-372-0456.
- Individuals who do not make an advance appointment will not be tested.
- Mercy Regional Medical Center – drive through testing
- Testing 5 days a week: New hours as of Monday, July 27th. Monday through Thursday from 8 am noon. Saturday 8 am to noon. Testing is limited to 50 tests per day.
- Location: North Parking Lot at the intersection of Mercado and Nighthorse Circle. Please follow the posted signage to the designated testing area.
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals with a known exposure can show up to the Mercy drive through testing location to be tested the same day.
- Appointments and healthcare provider orders are not required. The tests have been provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), in an effort to expand community testing efforts throughout Colorado.
- Tests are free of charge
- Archuleta Integrated Health in Pagosa Springs
- Drive-through testing on Tuesdays from noon- 4:30 pm, by appointment
- Please call Archuleta Integrated Healthcare at 970-264-2104 to make an appointment
- No referrals or doctors’ orders are needed
- Testing is open to all members of the community
- There is no fee for testing
Antibody testing information:
- People who believe they have been exposed or infected by the virus can get antibody testing at Cedar Diagnostics.
- The fee for antibody testing is $30
- For more information on the COVID-19 antibody tests offered by Cedar Diagnostics go to http://www.cedardx.com/index.php/covid-19/.
- For the Durango and Cortez patient service centers, please make an appointment online: https://booking.appointy.com/cedardiagnostics/locations. For the Pagosa Springs patient service center, please call 970-372-0456.
**For information on workplace testing please email Tracie Holcomb at email@example.com